Learn about the differences in Permission setting / User Roles in WordPress. When adding a new user in WordPress, you can assign them as a Follower, Contributor, Author, Editor, or Administrator. This is very useful when you hire other people to work on your website.
- Full power and authority over the website.
- Can do anything on the website.
- Note: Do NOT add another Administrator!
- Can create, edit, publish, or delete any post or page.
- Can create, edit, publish, or delete only their OWN post or page.
- Can create their own posts, but these are moderated and can only be published once approved.
- No editing privileges.
You can also refer to this page for more useful information about WordPress User Roles.