Learn how to embed YouTube videos in your WordPress website, plus other cool stuff!
How to easily embed the YouTube video:
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard: www.yoursite.com/wp-admin
2. Go to the page or post that you need the video embedded on.
3. Go to either the Visual tab or the Text tab of the page or post.
- Note: The text tab is for inputting any HTML or code, but in this case, we don’t need to worry about that and you’ll see why.
4. Copy and paste the YouTube URL onto the Text tab’s box, and hit update.
5. Click Preview. The YouTube video should now appear on your website’s page.
- Note: Remember this is only because you’re using WordPress for your business website. If you’re using something else, it won’t be as simple as copying and pasting that URL. You’ll need to embed the code.
- Note: Hyperlinking the YouTube URL will not show the YouTube video on the page.
How to Autoplay the YouTube video:
1. Open the YouTube URL you’re going to work on in a browser window.
2. Scroll down, and hit the embed button.
3. Copy this into your WordPress edit box.
- Note: You need to remember to edit this in the Text tab, not the Visual tab. If you put this code in the Visual tab, it will just render exactly as it is now.
4. Go to the Text tab.
- Note: Remember, the Text tab is to update any HTML or input any code.
5. Paste the YouTube URL in the WordPress edit box, and add the following text at the end of the YouTube URL: ?autoplay=1
6. Click Update, and go to your website’s page and hit refresh. The video should start playing automatically.
How to stop related videos from showing at the end of a video:
1. Go back to the embedded YouTube URL in the WordPress edit box.
2. Go to the end of the YouTube URL of the Text tab, and add the following text: &rel=0
3. Click Update.
4. Go to your website’s page and hit refresh.
5. Skip towards the end of the video to check.
- Note: You don’t need to activate the video autoplay to stop showing the related videos. Just remove autoplay=1& from the embedded YouTube URL, and everything will work as you still want it to.
How to automatically make a video play in High Definition:
1. Go back to the WordPress edit box, and the Text tab.
2. Go to the embedded YouTube URL, and add the following text at the end of the YouTube URL: &vq=hd720
3. Click Update, then refresh your website’s page to view the YouTube video in HD.