1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard: www.yoursite.com/wp-admin
2. Go to Posts/Pages and click Add New.
3. Enter your new Post/Page title and content.
4. Go to Visibility on the right side column, and click Edit.
5. Choose Password Protected, and enter a password for the page.
6. Click OK, and click Publish.
Steps for testing the password-protected page:
1. Before logging out of your WordPress Dashboard, go to Permalink just beneath the Title of the page you created.
2. Click View Page
3. Copy the URL of the page
4. Then log out of your WordPress Dashboard.
5. Paste the link you just copied into the web address bar to access the page. It should prompt you for a password.
6. Enter the password you created earlier, and hit Submit.
Only after entering the correct password will you be able to view the content.