Firstly, change your website’s permalink structure:
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard: www.yoursite.com/wp-admin
2. Go to Settings, and click Permalinks.
3. Select Custom Structure, and change the text in the box to: /%category%/%postname%
4. Click Save Changes.
Then, add a new ‘Blog’ category:
5. Go to Posts at the Dashboard on the left, and click Categories.
6. In the Name field, type in the name of your blog or just simply, Blog.
7. In the Slug field, type in the same text.
Note: This is the text that will actually appear within your website URL. e.g. www.yourwebsite.com/slug/postname
4. Don’t change the Parent drop-down menu.
5. Enter a description in the Description box if you wish or just leave it blank.
6. Click on Add New Category. The new category should appear in the table to the right.
When adding new blog posts:
7. Go to Posts, and click on Add New.
8. Enter a title for your new post, and the content as well.
9. On the right side of the page under Category, select the category you created earlier – in this case, Blog.
10. Click Publish
Your post will now be saved with that category, and will follow the URL structure:
Adding your Blog to the Top Menu:
1. Go to Appearance, and then click Menus.
2. In Custom Links, enter your website address with the new blog extension in the URLbox: http://www.yourwebsite.com/blog
3. Enter Blog in the Label box, and click Add to Menu.
4. To the right of that, you will find the new Blog menu. Drag and drop the new Blog menuwhere you want it to appear, and click Save Menu.
Blog Live Demo: Jim’s Physio Blog.
Learn how to setup an awesome business website: Get Started.